| Contact | Location Map | Index A-Z | Print  | DE

Admissions Office


Request for Change of Subject

Students already registered

Degree title, major and minor can be changed within the online re-registration or - if the window is not available online - in writing within the following time limits.

If you want a placement in a higher semester, we also need a notification of grades from the dean of the faculty in question.

If you are excluded from further study in your current subject due to failure in examinations, you can apply for a change of subject up to ten days following notice of the exclusion reaching you.

All non medical fields of study except Bachelor Sport Science Major and 60-credit Minor 
Autumn semester 31 August 
Spring semester 31 January
Bachelor Sport Science Major and 60-credit Minor
Autumn semester 15 February
Spring semester not possible 
Medicine, dentristry and veterinary medicine bachelor
first semester
Autumn semester 15 February with the CRUS
Spring semester not possible 

New students

A change of degree title sought, or of minor may be granted until mid-October, if your upper secondary school-leaving certificate permits. You can enter a change of subject directly into the personal details sheet or by written request if you have already returned the personal control sheet. It is not possible to change to any medical courses or to the Sport Science Bachelor Major and 60-credit Minor.

Autumn semester 15 October 
University of Bern | Admissions Office | Hochschulstrasse 4 | 3012 Bern | Switzerland | phone +41 (0)31 631 39 11
© University of Bern 2013/06/28 | Imprint